- This event has passed.
Ealing Farmers’ Market
May 19, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Ealing is a well-established farmers’ market with lots of regulars who know their stall holders by name. Expect to find raw milk, fresh fish from the Dorset coast, heritage apples from Essex, Isle of Wight tomatoes, and look out for rook and squirrel from Barry Cox!
Run by London Farmer’s Markets
London Farmers’ Markets opened its first market in 1999 In Islington, the first pioneering farmers’ market in the capital. Currently around 200 farmers and food producers sell at over 20 weekly farmers’ markets.
What do we do?
We’re in London, we love local food and we run farmers’ markets. We are at markets every week helping the stalls set up and do everything from farm inspections to promtion and marketing. We enable farmers to sell their products direct to the consumer so that they get a fair price for their work.
We Aim to:
- Increase farm incomes.
- Open more farmers’ markets in London; if you have a site please get in touch.
- Provide high quality local and seasonal foods to urban communities.
- Encourage sustainable methods of food production.
- Support traditional animal breeds and heritage fruit and vegetable varieties.
- Encourage Londoners of all ages to take an interest in food production and rural issues. Share the joys of seasonal eating and learning more about where your food comes from.
- Advise farmers about what to sell, how to market local produce and help to improve standards of presentation and food hygiene.
- Put you in direct contact with the farmers, fishermen, growers and bakers who make your food.
- Turn car parks, school playgrounds and town squares into vibrant fun communities where you can meet your neighbours, swap recipes and fill your shopping baskets.
- Keep you cooking with real ingredients to ensure that you and your children have cooking skills you can use for the rest of your lives.