- This event has passed.
Pimlico Road Farmers’ Market
February 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Under the gaze of Mozart’s statue on leafy Orange (or Mozart) Square, Pimlico is a lovely location for a farmers’ market. Plenty of space to sit and soak in the atmosphere before buying apples and juice, fresh pasta, free range eggs, meat & poultry, seasonal game, day boat fish and shellfish, artisan bread & cheeses, and seasonal specials from asparagus to cherries. Time Out Love London Awards winner
Favourite Stall winner 2018: Moreton Mushrooms
Market events coming up:
Root veg in January, wild garlic in March, asparagus and strawberries in May, peas in June, cherries in July, apples and plums from August, corn in September, game in October, celery in November, turkeys in December!
Run by London Farmer’s Markets
London Farmers’ Markets opened its first market in 1999 In Islington, the first pioneering farmers’ market in the capital. Currently around 200 farmers and food producers sell at over 20 weekly farmers’ markets.
What do we do?
We’re in London, we love local food and we run farmers’ markets. We are at markets every week helping the stalls set up and do everything from farm inspections to promtion and marketing. We enable farmers to sell their products direct to the consumer so that they get a fair price for their work.
We Aim to:
- Increase farm incomes.
- Open more farmers’ markets in London; if you have a site please get in touch.
- Provide high quality local and seasonal foods to urban communities.
- Encourage sustainable methods of food production.
- Support traditional animal breeds and heritage fruit and vegetable varieties.
- Encourage Londoners of all ages to take an interest in food production and rural issues. Share the joys of seasonal eating and learning more about where your food comes from.
- Advise farmers about what to sell, how to market local produce and help to improve standards of presentation and food hygiene.
- Put you in direct contact with the farmers, fishermen, growers and bakers who make your food.
- Turn car parks, school playgrounds and town squares into vibrant fun communities where you can meet your neighbours, swap recipes and fill your shopping baskets.
- Keep you cooking with real ingredients to ensure that you and your children have cooking skills you can use for the rest of your lives.