- This event has passed.
Urban Food Fortnight: Get Connected 2017
July 17, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm£10 – £15
On 17 July, London Food Link is bringing together the capital’s enterprising food growers and small-batch producers with sustainable chefs to Get Connected for Urban Food Fortnight 2017
To inspire you, you will hear success stories from enterprising community food growers in London Food Link’s Capital Growth network, small-batch food and drink producers, and ethical eateries that have taken part in previous years.
You will also have the chance to hear from, and chat with, food enterprise experts.
Speakers confirmed so far:
- Bread & Butter founder, Jason Gibb
- Growing Communities‘ head grower, Sophie Verhagen
- Sutton Community Farm production manager, Joris Gunawardena
- A surplus saving supremo from PlanZheroes
- Sustainable Restaurant Association supply chain consultant, Yeshna Mistry
- UnLtd social entrepreneurship manager, Rebecca Luff
…with more to be announced.
You will get to taste lovely local food from a range of urban producers, and plenty of time for networking to help you meet potential partners for this year’s Urban Food Fortnight (8-24 September), and hopefully forge longer term buyer/supplier relationships.
Our kind host, The Table Cafe will be laying on drinks and nibbles featuring the best of London’s local larder.
Whether you are an urban food grower, small batch producer, chef or restaurateur, this event is for YOU, so book now to get involved!
Strut your stuff
If you are a London food grower / small batch producer and would value the opportunity to showcase your wares on a tasting table at the event, and/or by donating some to help create The Table’s spread, email firstname.lastname@example.org
London Food Link is part of the food and farming charity Sustain.
The small print…
- £10 tickets are for Capital Growth members and paid-up London Food Link supporters. If you choose this price but aren’t either, we will ask you to join or pay the difference in ticket price.
- £5 tickets are for people who donate food (see above). Please wait until we confirm before you book a ticket at this price
- One discounted ticket per Level 1 LFL supporter, and two per organisation that is a supporter at Level 2 or above (ie pays £45 or more a year)
- If you aren’t a paid-up LFL supporter and buy a discounted ticket, you will need to join us before the event or pay the difference between it and full price on the door
- Guests speak at our events voluntarily and may have to withdraw without notice
- If you work/volunteer for a food-related enterprise or organisation, please say so when booking. We’re not being nosy, we’ll add it to your name badge to help with networking.
- Please let us know of any special dietary requirements when booking.
- Places are very limited. In the event tickets sell out, we will add your name to a waitlist
- Tickets are non-refundable but are transferrable