The Biodynamic Association (BDA) is a charitable organisation that fosters and promotes biodynamic farming and gardening in the UK. We offer membership, support, and advice, workshops and events, our journal Star & Furrow and certification. We belong to the worldwide biodynamic movement.
We are seeking a passionate person with knowledge of biodynamics to take the Biodynamic Association to the next level.
Job title: Executive Director – 3 days/week; Salary £26,600 pa pro rata. Two – year contract with the aim for it to be a permanent post in the future.
The Biodynamic Association (BDA) is a charitable organisation that fosters and promotes biodynamic farming and gardening in the UK. We offer membership, support, and advice, workshops and events, our journal Star & Furrow and certification. We belong to the worldwide biodynamic movement. Our aim is greater health and vitality for people and planet through more biodynamic acres, more biodynamic food, and more understanding of biodynamics.
We are seeking a passionate person with knowledge of biodynamics to take the BDA to the next level. The Executive Director of the Biodynamic Association is responsible for overseeing the strategic and day-to-day operations of the Association, including fundraising, promotion and outreach. The position reports directly to the Council of Trustees and works in a collegiate manner with the existing executive team: Office Manager, Editor of Star and Furrow, Communications Executive.
The job is to develop the scale and reach of the BDA’s activities and specifically to:
- Uphold the BDA’s charitable objects professionally and responsibly;
- Execute agreed strategic goals and vision of the BDA;
- Lead the executive team in the implementation of the Association’s business plan;
- Co-Create and deliver an ever more effective organisation capable of delivering excellent, sustainable projects, workshops and conferences which contribute towards our goal of increasing knowledge & use of Biodynamic methods;
- Ensure that the charity is well administered in all its parts and meets its governance responsibilities;
- Enhance the charity’s impact and profile both nationally and internationally;
- Manage the staff to enable them to maximise their personal contributions.
Key skills expected Knowledge of biodynamics
- Knowledge of Charitable organisation requirements
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good range of IT skills
- Ability to lead and to be a team player
- Creative and processes orientated
- Efficient, calm and ability to work under pressure.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4TH DECEMBER 2018
Please send letter of application and CV to email@example.com with the subject line BDA Director Job Application & YOUR NAME
We intend to interview before Christmas, for appointment in January/February 2019
To apply for this job please visit www.biodynamic.org.uk.