Our mission is to influence and enable change – from gathering evidence and informing policy, to motivating practical behaviour change in individuals and organisations through our programmes and brands. We also make direct interventions to effect change, commonly in the form of finance, business support, technical advice, training and competence development or communications support.
Zero Waste Scotland is seeking to recruit a Project Manager to its internationally recognised Resource Efficient Scotland (RES) programme. This is an exciting time to be joining the team as we increasingly place ourselves at the heart of Scotland’s resource efficiency agenda. A good understanding of waste prevention a positive attitude, flexibility and a can-do attitude alongside the ability to learn quickly and to transfer knowledge and expertise, are as important as existing subject knowledge. This role will involve:
- Developing and maintaining a keen understanding of current issues relating to resource efficiency in SMEs and, food waste in Scotland.
- Working closely with the Programme Manager and Head of Department to input to the ongoing strategy for supporting the food and drink sector to reduce waste.
- Identifying areas for cross-team collaboration within ZWS and with other delivery partners.
- Managing the contracts and contractors responsible for delivering the RES Advice and Support programme focused on food waste.
- Identifies opportunities for wider ZWS engagement and signposts to relevant team/colleague(s).
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Understand, develop and manage relationships with contractors, peers and colleagues on resource efficiency engagement to identify and manages projects, share experiences and establishes best practice.
- Demonstrate experience of successfully managing contractors to establish and meet and targets and milestones. Anticipate, identify and manage project-level risks and escalate risks where required.
- Ensure all project planning documentation, files and monitoring documents are accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of delivering resource efficiency across Scotland, investigating new opportunities to support the future Programme delivery across Zero Waste Scotland.
- Disseminate the results of food waste projects with SMEs verbally and in writing, to both internal and external stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits:
In return for your commitment we offer excellent benefits; including a contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, employee welfare assistance, generous holidays and childcare vouchers.
The post holder is expected to discharge their core and specific accountabilities to deliver Zero Waste Scotland’s European Regional Development Fund supported Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme, and any other duties associated with delivering the ERDF Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator programme.
£33,375 p.a. (pay range is £33,375 – £38,883 and the successful candidate will be appointed to the starting point)
Fixed Term/Secondment for 12 months (potential 6-month extension) – 35 Hours per week
12 Noon, Wednesday 14th November 2018.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th November 2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.zerowastescotland.org.uk.