Vegbox is a community-led organic vegetable box scheme based in Kentish Town in north London, with a weekly selection of fresh seasonal produce, sourced as locally as possible.
- Local and seasonal – we source as locally as possible, and work within the limits of what is seasonally available in England.
- A consumer co-operative – our customers are our members.
- Low carbon – our members collect their weekly vegetable bag from community pick-up points around Kentish Town, a sociable way of cutting down on pollution and air miles.
- Not for profit: any surplus we make will be re-invested in the organisation and in growing projects.
- Fair trade – we’re harnessing the collective buying power of our community and providing a regular outlet and fair price for small-scale organic farmers.
- Accessible – we aim to make our weekly organic vegetable bags as affordable as possible.
- Low waste – we only order what we need each week and any left over after packing is given to local partners – currently The Fields Beneath cafe, the Calthorpe Project, Ladies and Gentlemen bar, and Camden Homeless Solidarity Space.
- Ambitious – by working together, we want to help build an alternative economy in which we support sustainable farms and consume our food more mindfully.