The theme is Soil, with an extended feature exploring soil health and regenerative agriculture.
Published at the end of January 2019, you can subscribe or pre-order Volume Two here.
You can also download and read the complete PDF of Volume One.
- A feature interview with Matthew Pennington of The Ethicurean;
- Discovering the Acadian Foodways of Atlantic Canada;
- The salt farmers of Thailand
- Food as a commons, not commodity;
- Elisabeth Luard on the Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery;
- US sustainable food advocate Anna Lappé interviewed;
- Crofting in the Hebrides
- Women in farming, in photos;
- Trevor Gulliver of St John on wine & terroir;
- Q&A with goat wrangler & Cabrito founder James Whetlor.
Our columnists return along with the award-winning Louise Gray as the ethical herbivore, US writer Elissa Altman seeing the world through the lens of food, and Kieran Jefferson works on his small-holding in Burgandy.
Reviews include an interview with writer and Archers editor Graham Harvey, Catherine Conway on a life less packaged, a review of the film In Our Hands, a profile of Welsh soda brand Lurvill’s Delight and news from restaurant insider Tom Tanner, while Dee Woods concludes the volume with her working week.
You can pre-order a copy as well as take out a subscription here.
The issue will be 132 pages, perfect bound, finished with biodegradable matt laminate and printed to a high eco-standard, priced at £10.
Please sign up to our mailing list to keep in touch with our progress.
If you’d like to contribute, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can buy current single volumes and back issues as well as subscribing here.