The second issue of Locavore will be published at the end of May 2018
The theme is Soil, with an extended feature exploring soil health and regenerative agriculture.
You can subscribe or pre-order Volume Two here.
You can also download and read the complete PDF of Volume One.
- Vanessa Kimbell and her research into sourdough and the gut microbiome;
- Food as a commons, not commodity;
- Elisabeth Luard on the Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery;
- US sustainable food advocate Anna Lappé interviewed;
- The Arcadian Foodways of North Eastern Canada;
- Women in farming, in photos;
- Trevor Gulliver of St John on wine & terroir;
- Q&A with goat wrangler & Cabrito founder James Whetlor.
Our columnists return along with the award-winning Louise Gray as the ethical herbivore, US writer Elissa Altman seeing the world through the lens of food, and Kieran Jefferson works on his small-holding in Burgandy.
Reviews include an interview with writer and Archers editor Graham Harvey, Catherine Conway on a life less packaged, Nicola Miller on the importance of attribution in food writing, learning skills at the School of Artisan Food, cycling around Britain with the Food, Farming & Countryside Commission, restaurant insider Tom Tanner, and Dee Woods contributes her working week.
You can pre-order a copy as well as take out a subscription here.
The issue will be 132 pages, perfect bound, finished with biodegradable matt laminate and printed to a high eco-standard, priced at £9.
Please sign up to our mailing list to keep in touch with our progress.
If you’d like to contribute, send an email to email@example.com
You can buy current single volumes and back issues as well as subscribing here.