for a chance to win dinner for two
at the Ethicurean.
Prize includes two nights’ accommodation
and £100 spending money.
We’ve got together with the brilliant Ethicurean, near Bristol, UK, to offer dinner for two including accommodation and £100 spending money. The prize is worth a total of c£400. To enter, simply sign up to our Newsletter by midnight on the 30th November 2018.
The Ethicurean Restaurant is founded on ‘a sense of place’. This is the idea of having a connection with the native land, the community who grow seasonal food upon it, preparations with harmonious flavours, and the understanding of its history.
The restaurant is hidden away in the Barley Wood Walled Garden, a carefully restored Victorian kitchen garden built in 1901, which is itself tucked away in the folds of the Mendip Hills in Somerset.
Their menu changes daily, with dishes inspired by the terroir of the area. Ingredients are plucked from the warm soil of the surrounding gardens, foraged from the fields and forests around the restaurant, or sourced from skilled local producers. Seasonality is key, and strict. Things are preserved, fermented, and pickled, cooked and plated with utmost care. Drinks follow the same path, with new versions of old classics such as Vermouth or Bloody Mary. Everything is delicious, and the view across the valley below spectacular.
For more details visit their website.
The Ethicurean will provide dinner for two from their evening menu, a set five-course menu that celebrates their bounteous walled garden and the wild land that surrounds it. All dietary requirements are tailored to upon booking. They offer an informal, friendly service and will always answer any detailed questions guests may have. The team relish understanding their food and drink offerings. They cater to vegetarian and vegan diners, please inform them upon booking or prior to visit. Booking details will be provided to the winner upon completion of the prize draw.
Locavore will provide two nights’ accommodation near the Ethicurean. We will also provide £100 spending money for drinks and taxi fares.
How to enter
To enter, all you need to do is sign up to our Newsletter via this website. Your name will be added to list of entrants for the draw.
If you have already signed up to our mailing list or have purchased a subscription to Locavore before 30th November 2018, you will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
The winner will all be chosen at random after the prize draw closes at midnight on 30th November 2018.
The winner will be contacted by the editor via email. The competition is open to entrants worldwide. Travel to the UK and the B&B in Somerset are not included in the prize. The winner will be expected to make their own way to the B&B.
Terms and conditions apply – see below for full details. Entries will be checked for full compliance.
Terms and Conditions
- This prize draw is only open to all who sign up to Locavore Magazine’s Newsletter via this website, www.locavoremagazine.co between 1st July 2018 and 30th November 2018, except for Locavore Magazine and The Green Guide Ltd employees or anyone directly connected with the company.
- Those already signed up to the Newsletter, and/or subscribed to Locavore, before midnight on 30th November 2018 will be entered automatically into the draw.
- By submitting your email address when you sign up to Locavore’s Newsletter, you agree that The Green Guide Ltd, the publisher of Locavore Magazine, may contact you in connection with Locavore Magazine or with this offer. We never share marketing data with anyone else and you can unsubscribe from Locavore’s Newsletter at any time.
- A limit of one entry per individual will apply to the draw.
- No bulk, third party, or automated entries are accepted. No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, lost, or delayed, or are unable to be handed in because of any technical fault or other reason.
- The start date of the prize draw is 1am (GMT) on 1st July 2018 and the closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) on 30th November 2018.
- One winner and three reserves will be selected at random after the competition has closed. The winner will receive dinner for two at the Ethicurean, two nights’ accommodation at an appropriate B&B nearby (TBC), and £100 spending money for drinks and/or transport to and from the restaurant. Travel to the UK and the B&B in Somerset are not included in the prize. The winner will be expected to make their own way to the B&B.
- We reserve the right to check Locavore Magazine and The Green Guide Ltd email receipts and dates as proof of sign-up to Locavore’s Newsletter.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or other prizes.
- Locavore Magazine and The Green Guide Ltd retain the right to substitute the Ethicurean prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner will be contacted via email by the editor of Locavore Magazine. If no response is received by the editor from the winner within four weeks of our email, the prize will pass to the first reserve, who will also have four weeks to respond to the editor’s email, and so on through the reserves. If the first reserve winner does not respond within the specified time, the prize will pass to the second reserve, and so on. If the prize remains after all the reserves have been so contacted, three more reserve winners will be drawn at random from the remaining entrants, and the process will continue until the prize has been awarded. If after 12 months the prize remains unallocated because we have not been able to contact a prize recipient, this prize draw will lapse and no more prizes will be awarded.